Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The school of hard knocks is the best teacher

A couple of weeks ago, my very beautiful nine year old walked past me while I was hosing chicken poop off the front verandah. It was a warm, fall day, and she was in shorts, and some of life's temptations are simply too much for a mere human to resist. She learned to be wary of fathers with hoses.

This evening, I was cleaning out the Tiger Shark (pool cleaning device), again with a hose, when one of my seventeen year old young men walked down the back stairs, just a few feet from me.

I looked at him, and he looked at me. Evil thoughts flashed through my mind, but he said "Waaaait a minute!", and accelerated out of range before I could redirect the hose.

This just proves that experience is the best teacher after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment